EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING CENTER "ALFA-TRAINING"
The educational and training center "ALFA-TRAINING" is a modern educational and training center which provides training, advanced training, skills improvement and attestation of seafarers in accordance with the latest requirements of the International convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping of Seafarers-78/10, as well as educational preparation for competence exam at the state qualifying commissions of Inspectorate for Training and Certification of Seafarers at the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine.
All kinds of training meet the requirements of national and international standards, and are recognized by the State Inspectorate of Ukraine for the safety on sea and river transport which is confirmed by an appropriate certificate of compliance.
The main purpose of the Center is to provide proper training and education for the personnel of officers’ staff and ratings employed on board of either Ukrainian or foreign marine and river vessels, as well as to provide other services in order to advance qualification level and knowledge of marine fleet employees.
The training and teaching team of the Center consists of highly qualified masters and ship’s engineers with great experience in operating marine vessels and teaching. Moreover some modern simulators and latest computer technologies are successfully used.
ADVANCED TRAINING COURSES
At the Center advanced training courses for officers’ staff are taking place. The courses are specializing on "ship navigation" and "ship power systems".
Modern simulators Navi-Trainer Professional 5000 (navigational simulator) and Engine Room Simulator TechSim 5000 (engine room simulator) produced by company “Transas” are used for courses.
TRAINING VESSEL "NEW DONBASS"
One of the important parts of educational process at the Center is the training on board the vessel “New Donbass” equipped for practicing necessary skills. The vessel has all engine and electric equipment in working condition.
There is an inside basin for practicing various afloat skills at the vessel. One of the vessel’s holds contains the largest fire labyrinth.
We have some water area reserved for practice, so there is a possibility to lower the boat and to practice lowing and hoisting the boat as well as to practice emergency leaving the ship with all necessary personal life preserver.
TRAINING FOR MARINE BLUE-COLLAR OCCUPATION
Center of Special Training provides training, advanced training and education for the following marine blue-collar occupations:
- Advanced training of ship navigators – operational level
- Advanced training of ship navigators – management level
- Advanced training of ship engineers - operational level
- Advanced training of ship engineers - management level
- Advanced training of ship electrical engineers - operational level
- Advanced training of ship electrical engineers - management level
- Engine Room Resource Management (operational/ management level)
- Ship handling and maneuvering
- Bridge Resource Management (operational/ management level)
- The operational use of The Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS)
- Radar navigation, Radar plotting and use of Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (operational level)
- Radar navigation, Radar plotting and use of Automatic Radar Plotting Aids, bridge teamwork, search and rescue (management level)
- Operation of Automatic Identification Systems
- Training of Global Marine Distress And Safety System (GMDSS) operator (restricted certificate)
- Training of Global Marine Distress And Safety System (GMDSS) operator (general certificate)
- Basic training for oil and chemical tanker cargo operations
- Basic training for liquefied gas tanker cargo operations
- Advanced training for oil tanker cargo operations
- Advanced training for chemical tanker cargo operations
- Advanced training for liquefied gas tanker cargo operations
- Crude oil washing
- Inert gas system
- Training of passenger ship personnel
- Training in carrying of dangerous and hazardous substances
- Safety familiarization, basic training and instruction for all seafarers
- Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats
- Proficiency in fast rescue boats
- Training in advanced fire-fighting
- Training in medical first aid on board ship
- Training in medical care on board ship
- Use of self-contained compressed-air breathing apparatus on ships
- Training of ship security officers
- Designated security duties of shipboard personnel
- Security related training and instruction for all seafarers
- Ship safety officer
Students who are having qualification courses and those who studied previously are granted discounts for all kinds of certificates. Cadets and students of full-time courses at marine institutions are also granted discounts.